Machine translation (MT) has numerous applications in the 21st century which could be of benefit to our clients. So-called "Big Data" and "Open Data" require more and more instant and secure multilingual solutions that do not require extensive storage systems. Real-time multilingual Web publishing systems, APIs and Web and cloud services allow different configurations for all those uses:
- When a high-quality translation is not required.
- Useful for breaking language barriers.
- Requires human post-editing.
- From superficial checking to a very high-quality translation.
- Selection: knowing what to translate before making a decision.
- Classification: identifying themes to construct classification metadata.
- Search, SEO, SEM: dynamically expanding the reach of search engines.
- Writing tools: helping people who know a language but have difficulties writing in it.
Lucy MT, from the company Lucy Software, is one of the best systems in the rule-based machine translation world. It has combinations into and out of the official Spanish languages and is the most widely used and recognized system in Spain. It can be personalized by the client and is available in more than 30 language combinations. Lucy Software offers machine translation solutions designed to make it easier for individuals and corporate users to understand foreign languages.